Our Favourite Barbecued Ribs
Who doesn’t love the smokey tastes of barbecued ribs right off the grill? Try out this simple recipe to get your barbecued ribs fix!
5 min + 2-3 hours
3 hours 25 min
Ingredients for Barbecued Ribs
- 1 /2 tbsp kosher sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pounds baby back pork ribs (8 racks) or St. Louis-style spare ribs (4 racks)
- Low-salt chicken broth (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups store-brought or homemade barbecue sauce plus more
Directions: First Bake the Ribs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place each rack of ribs on a double layer of foil; sprinkle rub all over ribs.
- Wrap racks individually and divide between 2 baking sheets.
- Bake ribs until very tender but not falling apart, about 2 hours for baby backs and 3 hours for spareribs.
- Carefully unwrap the ribs; pour any juices from foil into a 4-cup heatproof measuring cup; reserve juices. Let ribs cool completely.
TIP: Ribs can be baked up to 3 days ahead (the flavor will be more developed, and the cold ribs will hold together better on the grill as they heat through). Cover and chill juices. Re-wrap ribs in foil and chill.
Directions: Second Grill the Ribs
- Heat a gas grill to high.
- Add broth or water to rib juices, if needed, to measure 1 1/2 cups.
- Whisk in barbecue sauce to blend.
- Grill ribs, basting with barbecue sauce mixture and turning frequently, until lacquered and charred in places and heated through, 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut between barbecued ribs to separate.
- Transfer barbecued ribs to a platter and serve with additional barbecue sauce.