Glazed Beef Medallions with Mushrooms
This classic combination of beef medallions and mushrooms is ready in minutes. With a little forward thinking, you can use Marinating Beef Medallions and marinate before cooking.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 lb assorted mix mushrooms (button, crimini, portabello, shiitake, or oyster)
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 lb Beef Strip Loin Grilling Medallions (about 6), cut to 1 inch thin
Directions for Grilling Medallion
- Combine barbecue sauce, lemon juice, garlic, green onions and rosemary in bowl. Remove 1/4 cup (50 mL) for basting.
- Cut: mushrooms and into large chunks, keeping oyster mushrooms whole. Toss with onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Pan-fry in butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 12 minutes or until slightly caramelized and liquid has evaporated. Stir in remaining barbecue sauce mixture; heat through.
- Meanwhile, season medallions with salt and pepper to taste. Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning at least twice, for medium-rare doneness 145°F(63°C). Brush with reserved sauce occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve each topped with pan-fried mushrooms.
Cook’s Notes: If using Marinating Medallions, pierce meat all over and marinate in 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the basting sauce for 8 to 12 hours in fridge. Discard sauce used to marinate and grill as above, skipping the basting step.