Beef Top Sirloin Tostada
With lean grilled beef and market-fresh veggies, this crispy crunchy Beef Top Sirloin Tostada salad has all the satisfaction of a nacho platter with a fraction of the fat and a BIG boost of nutrients.
10 min + 1 hr
- 1 lb Beef Top Sirloin Grilling Steak, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 8 7-inch (18 cm) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh or thawed corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tbsp grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup lime juice (~2 limes)
- minced fresh coriander or parsley
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Marinade/Dressing: In bowl, combine lime rind, lime juice, coriander, chili powder and garlic. Set aside 3 tablespoons (45 mL) into a large bowl for dressing. Rub remaining mixture over both sides of steak. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Meanwhile, toast tortillas (see notes at the bottom).
- Pat steak dry; season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high, about 5 minutes per side, for medium-rare. Let rest before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until all liquid is released, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and corn. Cook, stirring just until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil into reserved marinade to complete the dressing. Thinly slice steak; add to dressing along with mushroom mixture, lettuce and coriander, tossing gently to coat. Pile 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef mixture on each tortilla to serve.
To oven toast tortillas, spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray; place in single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.