Grilled Pizza: Parmesan, Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil
This delicious grilled pizza recipe will please your whole family! Feel free to add your favourite toppings!
- Pizza Dough for Grilled Pizza (Check out this recipe)
- 1 cup pizza sauce)
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 0.5 cm slices
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes – halved
- 4-6 oz of mozzarella cheese sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 oz fresh grated parmesan
- Black olives, pitted and halved
- Olive oil
- Preheat barbecue on high with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes.
- Take pizza dough and roll it out into a thin circle about ½” thick.
- Brush 1 side of the pizza dough with olive oil.
- Open the barbecue lid and lay the pizza dough down on the side with olive oil.
- Brush the other side with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Grill pizza dough for 2-3 minutes. Use tongs or pizza peel to check how the crust is doing. You are looking for grill marks, but avoid letting the dough get crispy.
- Once grill marks appear, but before dough is crispy, flip it over using tongs or a pizza peel.
- Now you can add your toppings to the grilled pizza crust. Start by spreading a thin layer of tomato sauce and top with the parmesan and mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and black olives. Do not overload the pizza with toppings, especially cheese.
- Grill for about 5-7 more minutes (this will vary depending on the barbecue). Check on it often, and rotate to avoid any hot spots. The grilled pizza will be ready when the cheese melts and the edges of the pizza are crisp and well-done.
- Remove the grilled pizza using a pizza peel or you can drag it onto a plate using tongs. Sprinkle on the basil. Let cool for 3 minutes before cutting.