Flare-Free Technology™: Stress Free Grilling
As you may have guessed from our last couple of blog posts, we are VERY EXCITED to launch our patented Flare-Free Technology™ on our NEW Coleman® Revolution barbecues! The only system of its kind that eliminates flare ups, the main cause of grilling’s most unpleasant experiences: burnt and overcooked food, sudden bursts of flames engulfing your food, smoke making your eyes water, and that one super healthy neighbour that refuses to eat over charred food because of carcinogens.
Instead of dealing with all of these grilling problems, how about spending more time with your family and friends? Yes, that’s right; we give you permission to relax a little bit while grilling and have some fun. Make the quick and easy Flare-Free Technology™ cleaning tips below HABIT – and you will ensure a care-free grilling experience every time! Sure, you will still need to pay attention to the grill at all times, but you will spend much less of your time putting out fires (literally and figuratively) and more time enjoying the grill side conversation with a beer in hand.
So what exactly is this maintenance we speak? We’ve broken it down into 5 easy steps:
- Before grilling use the grate cleaning tool provided to push debris to the back of the burner box to clear the channels for grease to flow freely. We suggest pushing to the back to avoid blocking the front channel.
- You may also use the grate cleaning tool to lift the top grates to clean the bottom grates, if debris or grease has built up.
- Use the skinny end of the grate cleaning tool to scrape the debris in the front grease channel to the right, into the front grease cup.
- Remove and empty the front grease cup. Wait for the grease to cool. Clean with hot water and soap. For your convenience it is also dishwasher safe!
- Add a light coating of vegetable oil to the top grates before grilling.
Don’t forget about the importance of preheating. This is when the flare-free grates can work their magic.
Preheating your grill for 15 minutes on Max temperature with the lid closed, and allow your flare-free grates to do most of the cleaning for you. At preheat, all left over grease becomes liquefied again, allowing the flare-free grates to channel the grease off the grates and out to the grease cup.
And there you have it folks, 5 easy steps that will take 5-10 minutes, and will keep your stress levels down and your grilling experience fun and enjoyable!
Ps. As with all barbecues with porcelain coated cast iron grates, it is necessary to season both the top and bottom grate before first use and a few times per season to create a non-stick surface, and protect the grate.