Ultimate Beef Burger with Grilled Heirloom Cherry Tomatos
This homemade burger recipe is a must try. The grilled heirloom tomato salad is a twist on classic burger toppings. Trust us, if you serve this dish, your backyard grill outs will have their own waiting list!
- 1 lb ground beef chuck
- ½ small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp steak sauce
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ciabatta buns
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 3/4 cup cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fennel greens (rough chop)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- mesh grilling basket
- Lightly oil cooking grates and then pre-heat on high while also preheating a mesh grilling basket.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground chuck, onion, brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, steak sauce, and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Form the mixture into four burger patties. Cover and put aside.
- Cut Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes in half and drizzle with 1 tsp of the olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes in the preheated basket and grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Put grilled tomatoes in a bowl and add tsp of olive oil, 2 Tbsp of chopped fennel greens, 1/2 tsp fresh garlic minced, 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar. Stir well and season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- On the pre-heated grill, cook the burgers 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Cut the ciabatta buns in half and brush with Olive Oil, and throw on warming rack face down to toast.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading 1 tbsp of Stone Ground Mustard on the bottom half of the ciabatta bun.
- Next spread 2 tbsp of fresh Arugula.
- Place the grilled burger on the Arugula and generously top burger with the Grilled Cherry Heirloom Tomato and Fennel Salad.
- Finish each with the top slice of grilled ciabatta bun.